- We are not a club.
- You will be required to train in the field of Search and Rescue.
- You will need to meet the goals set by the team.
- We are a volunteer team, your family comes first, then work, then RRSAR.
- If you miss a training , we will have make up classes.
- If we are called out, you only report when it does not effect your work or family.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re look for people of all shapes, sizes, abilities and backgrounds who want to help out their community. This is why we’re such a large team. There are many levels in which you can serve the team based on your physical abilities, and we have a job for everyone.
You will be required to take a criminal and sexual background check.
We will be following the NASAR guidelines.
RED ROCK SAR Technician III
A SARTECH III is a person that will work the command post and not do any in field physical searching. They must posess strong organizational skills and be able to work under pressure. Their Training is all classroom and includes:
- FEMA ICS (Incident Command System)
- Communications (Written, Verbal, Radio)
- Logistics & Planning
- Map and Compass
- First Aid
A SARTECH II is a person that will be involved in the physical searching for a missing or lost person. They are forensic searchers, and receive the same training as a SARTECH III in addition to :
- Search Procedures
- Search Theory
- Man Tracking
- Infield Advanced Map and Compass
- Rope Basics
- First Aid
- Wilderness First Aid
- Wilderness Survival
- HAM Radio Technician
In addition, we have advanced teams which members may apply and try out for. These are specialized teams and require you to first meet the Tech II and III standards and before you may apply. These teams require additional training, dedication and in some cases require you to pass a Physical Fitness test.
- Mountain Bike Team
- K9 Team
- Dive Team
- You will be notified within a week to ten days of an orientation date.
- After the orientation you will sign up for an Oral Interview.
- You will be notified within 48 hrs the results of the interview.
- After passing the simple interview you will then be required to study and take a FEMA ICS 100b and 200b test online.
- Once you have taken the ICS Test and Passed you will be added to the team and start your training.
Now Accepting Applications